January 17, 2022
Most City of Durham Offices Closed for Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
Monday, January 17, 2022
The City of Durham will observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, January 17. Most City offices, including City Hall and all non-emergency City operations, will be closed to the public. Emergency services may be reached by calling 911. Non-emergency concerns may be directed to (919) 560-4600.
Garbage, Recycling & Yard Waste Collection
The Solid Waste Management Department will be closed on Monday, January 17.
- Curbside garbage, recycling, and yard waste collections will have a one-day delay with Friday yard waste customers receiving their curbside collections on Monday, January 24.
- The Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, Yard Waste Facility, and the Household Hazardous Waste Center will also be closed on Monday, January 17.
- For more information about items accepted for curbside collections as well as how to sign up for alerts and reminders for holiday service changes, visit the department’s webpage or download the free Durham Rollout smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores.
DURHAM ONE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Durham One Call will be closed on Monday, January 17. Residents may submit a service request in the following ways and Durham One Call will forward all requests to the appropriate department on the next business day:
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
The City Council meeting is re-scheduled for Tuesday, January 18 beginning at 7 p.m.
- This virtual regular business meeting will be livestreamed on the City’s website, on the City's YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter pages, and on Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV through the free Boxcast app.
- This virtual meeting will also be televised live on Durham Television Network (Spectrum channel 8, Frontier channel 70, and AT&T U-verse channel 99).
- For details on how to participate virtually, visit the City Council’s webpage.
Parks & Recreation
Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) will close its administrative office and all facilities on Monday, January 17. For information about DPR programs, activities, and events call (919) 560-4355 during office hours or visit the department’s webpage.
The Park Durham Customer Service Center will be closed on Monday, January 17. On City-designated holidays, downtown parking is free for on-street parking spaces, in City-owned parking garages, and in City-owned surface parking lots.
Water & Sewer Emergencies
Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, weekends or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the department’s after-hours emergency phone number at (919) 560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.