November 11, 2020
Most City of Durham Offices Closed for Veterans Day
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Most City of Durham offices, including City Hall and other non-emergency City operations, will be closed on Wednesday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. Police, fire, and rescue services for life-threatening or in-progress emergencies may be reached by calling 911. Non-emergency concerns may be directed to (919) 560-4600. Residents are asked to note changes in City-provided services and programs.
Garbage, Recycling, and Yard Waste
The Solid Waste Management Department will be closed on November 11.
- Collection for curbside garbage and recycling will be delayed by one business day for the remainder of this week.
- Friday collection for curbside yard waste Thursday/Friday customers will also be delayed to Saturday, November 14.
- The Waste Disposal & Recycling Center, Yard Waste Facility, and the Household Hazardous Waste Center will be closed on November 11.
For more information about items accepted for curbside collections as well as how to sign up for collection day alerts and reminders for holiday service changes, download the free Durham Rollout app in the Apple and Google Play stores or visit the department’s webpage.
Parks and Recreation
- Durham Parks and Recreation’s (DPR) Administrative Office will be closed on November 11 and will reopen on November 12 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for pre-scheduled appointments and phone calls.
- Recreation center programming and indoor lap swim will also not be held on November 11.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, recreation centers and indoor pools are only accessible to preregistered program participants, renters, and individuals with a scheduled appointment.
- For information about DPR programs, activities, and events impacted by COVID-19 or to schedule an appointment, call (919) 560-4355 during office hours or visit the department's webpage.
Durham One Call
Durham One Call will also be closed on November 11.
- Residents may submit a service request using the free Durham One Call smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores, submit an online service request, or leave a message at (919) 560-1200.
- Durham One Call will forward all requests for City services to the appropriate department on the next business day.
Water & Sewer Emergencies
Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, weekends or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the department’s after-hours emergency phone number at (919) 560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.
For the latest COVID-19 updates on City operations, programs, and services, visit the City’s COVID-19 webpage, and follow the City’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nextdoor, and YouTube pages.