July 5, 2019
Notice of Upcoming Public Meetings and Planning Events
Please note: Agenda items are current at time of posting, but may not be available for review at this time. Items may be changed, updated, or added after the initial posting.
Planning Fee Changes Effective July 1, 2019
The City of Durham FY 2019-20 Budget was adopted on June 17, 2019, by the Durham City Council. Some Planning Department fee changes were included in the budget and, as of July 1, 2019, are currently effective. Many of the changes were to make the language of the fee ordinance clearer, but there were a few increases in fees. The full ordinance can be found at the following link: https://durhamnc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/26900/Planning-Department-Revised-Fee-Ordinance-Adopted-6-17-2019-PDF.
Upcoming Public Meetings
Historic Preservation Commission
Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 8:30 a.m.Committee Room, 2nd Floor,City Hall, 101 City Hall PlazaLink to the Durham Historic Preservation Commission Agenda
Public Hearings - Requests for Major Certificates of Appropriateness
- COA1900033 – 1706 Fayetteville Street – Addition and Modifications
- COA1900034 – 2218 West Club Boulevard – Addition and Modifications
- COA1900035 – 125 East Parrish Street – Addition
- COA1900042 – Downtown Durham Wayfinding Project - Signs
Public Review: The applications, staff reports, and maps may be reviewed at the City-County Planning Department, 101 City Hall Plaza, Ground Floor, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. For further information contact Preservation@DurhamNC.gov, or call 919-560-4137. Please reference the project case number.
Public Participation: Any person may attend the public hearing and should be present at 8:30 a.m. The Chair will recognize all persons wishing to speak and will allocate time to individual speakers based upon the number of persons to be heard. Substantial changes to the proposed action may be made following the public hearing. The Chair reserves the right to limit repetitive or hearsay testimony.
Durham Planning Commission
Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, 1st Floor
City Hall,101 City Hall Plaza
Link to the Durham Planning Commission Agenda
The Durham City-County Planning Commission will hold public hearings on July 9, 2019 at 5:30 p.m
. in the City Council Chambers, 101 City Hall Plaza, 1st Floor, Durham, NC 27701, to consider the following:
Zoning Map Changes
- Chalk Level Road (Z1900007) is a request to change the zoning district at 1107 Chalk Level Road from Residential Suburban-10 (RS-10), Eno River Watershed Protection Overlay District (E-B) to Residential Suburban Multi-family with a Development Plan (RS-M(D)), Eno River Watershed Protection Overlay District (E-B).
- Magnolia Creek Phase IV (Z1900006) (Continued from June 11) 4700 Danube Lane and 1018 Old Evergreen Drive; a request to change the zoning district from Planned Development Residential 4.990 (PDR 4.990), Falls/Jordan District B Watershed Protection Overlay (F/J-B) to Planned Development Residential 7.899 (PDR 7.899), Falls/Jordan District B Watershed Protection Overlay (F/J-B).
The staff report is available in the City-County Planning Department, 101 City Hall Plaza, Ground Floor, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Call 919-560-4137 and extension number for the following: For case Z1900007, contact email@example.com
x28235; For case Z1900006 contact firstname.lastname@example.org x28263. Public Participation
: Interested parties may appear at the meeting. Any person wishing to speak at the public hearing should be present at 5:30 p.m. and should sign up on the sheets to be provided. The Chair will recognize all persons wishing to speak. Substantial changes to the proposed action may be made following the public hearing for each case.
July Governing Board Meetings Note
- The Durham City Council does not hold regular sessions during July.
- The Durham County Board of County Commissioners will hold only one regular session this July on July 8th and the Planning Department has no items on the agenda.
- All other Boards and Commissions meet according to their published schedules.
Notice under the Americans with Disabilities Act
A person with a disability may receive an auxiliary aid or service to effectively participate in City government activities by contacting the ADA Coordinator, voice 919.560.4197, or ADA@DurhamNC.gov, as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the event or deadline date.
How to Find More Information about Board and Commission Agendas:
The City's Agenda Center web page has the latest agenda materials and minutes for all City-County Boards and Commissions. See also the Public Hearings and Notices page on the City Clerk's web site.
- The Durham City Council agenda materials are available according to the City Clerk's schedule.
- The Durham County Board of County Commissioners agenda materials are available on the County Commissioners' web page.
Text Amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance can be found on the Pending Text Amendment web page.
Agenda materials are available by the Friday before the meeting for the following (linked to their Agenda Center web page):