Upcoming Public Meetings
Durham City Council
The Durham City Council will hold a public hearing on December 16, 2019
, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 1st Floor, 101 City Hall Plaza, to hear the following requests:Plan Amendment
- Forest Hills (A1800004) is a request to change the future land use designation from Medium Density Residential (MDR, 6–12 DU/acre) to Low–Medium Density Residential (LMDR, 4–8 DU/acre or less) and Low Density Residential (LDR, 4 DU/acre or less). If zoned RS-20 or RS-10, change MDR to LDR; if zoned RS-8, RS-M, RU-5, or RU-5(2), change MDR to LMDR. (No change from Recreation Open Space (ROS)) for area bounded by Kent Street and Shoreham Street to the west; Stuart Drive, Summit Street, and South Roxboro Street to the south; American Tobacco Trail to the east; and East Forest Hills Plaza, Wells Street, and Bivins Street to the north. In addition, change the development tier from Urban to Suburban.
Zoning Map Changes
- 1001 Olive Branch Road (BDG1900016) is a voluntary annexation petition to annex two contiguous parcels totaling 216.241 acres located 1001 Olive Branch Road.
- Kendrick Estates (BDG1900014) is a voluntary annexation petition to annex one contiguous parcel totaling 20.927 acres located 3500 Randolph Road.
- 1001 Olive Branch Road (Z1800015) 1001 Olive Branch Road, is a request to change the zoning from Residential Rural (RR), Falls/Jordan Watershed Protection Overlay District-B (F/J-B), County Jurisdiction to Planned Development Residential 2.944 (PRD 2.944), Falls/Jordan Watershed Protection Overlay District-B (F/J-B), City Jurisdiction.
- 1612 Carpenter Fletcher Road (Z1900017) 1612 Carpenter Fletcher Road, is a request to change the zoning from Office Institutional (OI) to Commercial General with a Text-Only Development Plan (CG(D)).
The application, staff reports, and maps can be reviewed at the City-County Planning Department, 101 City Hall Plaza, Ground Floor, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., email or call 919-560-4137. Contact: Jamie.Sunyak@DurhamNC.gov
, ext. 28235, for cases: BDG1900016/Z1800015;Emily.Struthers@DurhamNC.gov
, ext. 28263, for cases: BDG1900014, Z1900017;Karla.Rosenberg@DurhamNC.gov
, ext. 28259, for case: A1800004.Public Participation: Interested parties may appear at the meeting. Any person wishing to speak at the public hearing should be present at 7:00 p.m. and sign up on the sheet provided. The Mayor will recognize all persons wishing to speak. Substantial changes to the proposed action may be made following the public hearing for each case.
Notice under the Americans with Disabilities Act
A person with a disability may receive an auxiliary aid or service to effectively participate in City government activities by contacting the ADA Coordinator, voice 919.560.4197, or ADA@DurhamNC.gov, as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the event or deadline date.
How to Find More Information about Board and Commission Agendas:
The City's Agenda Center web page has the latest agenda materials and minutes for all City-County Boards and Commissions. See also the Public Hearings and Notices page on the City Clerk's web site.