November 23, 2020
Public Hearing Notice: Board of County Commissioners - Nov. 23, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Monday, November 23, 2020
Public hearings will be held to discuss the following: Text Amendments - TC1900004 - Various Amendments Related to Affordable Housing and the Falls/Jordan District-A Watershed Overlay, and TC2000001 - Trees and Landscaping, TC2000002 - Omnibus 15.
The Board of County Commissioners will hold a virtual meeting, November 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. to consider the following:
- TC1900004 - Various Amendments Related to Affordable Housing and the Falls/Jordan District-A Watershed Overlay: A privately-initiated request to amend provisions of the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) regarding the Affordable Housing Bonus, Planned Development Residential (PDR) zoning requirements, parking standards, the definition of “family,” and uses within the Falls/Jordan District A (F/J-A) watershed overlay.
- TC2000001 - Trees and Landscaping: Amendments to landscaping, street tree, and tree coverage requirements primarily in Article 8, Tree Coverage and Tree Protection; Article 10, Landscaping and Buffering; and other applicable sections of the Unified Development Ordinance.
- TC2000002 - Omnibus 15: Amendments to various provisions of the Unified Development Ordinance for technical or clarifying changes, or other minor policy changes not technical in nature.
Substantial changes to the proposed actions?may be made following the public hearing for each case. For information about the cases contact Michael.Stock@DurhamNC.gov or call 919-560-4137, x28227.
Residents wishing to comment on the public hearing must sign up by emailing the Durham County Clerk to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 p.m. on Monday, November 23rd. The call-in information for the meeting will be shared to those individuals after they have emailed the Clerk.
The virtual option aligns with social distancing requirements which ensures the safety of citizens who wish to participate as well as Board members and Durham County Government staff.
- Citizens who wish to view the BOCC meeting can watch it live on the County's YouTube channel.
- Replays of the meeting are available on the Durham Television Network on Spectrum Channel 8, AT&T U-verse Channel 99, Google Fiber Channel 8 and Frontier Communications Channel 70.
- On-demand video may be watched once it is uploaded to the County's website here.