July 4, 2019
Durham Bulls Athletic Park,
409 Blackwell St.
Durham, NC 27701
For tickets to the game visit durhambulls.com
Independence Day Celebration
Thursday, July 4, 2019
Celebrate patriotism and civic pride with a baseball game, fireworks and more at Durham’s Independence Day festivities on Thursday, July 4. The USA baseball game starts at 6:05 PM, and during the 7th inning the gates will open for general admission to see the fireworks.
Participants must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Gates will open for general admission at the end of the 7th inning based on availability for those that would like to view the fireworks show from inside the ballpark. Open seating inside the ballpark and viewing areas outside of the ballpark are limited. Purchasing tickets to the game is strongly encouraged and ensures a spot inside the Durham Bulls Athletic Park to watch the fireworks.
- Public parking is available at the South Deck (705 Willard Street), East Deck (250 South Mangum Street) and the North Parking Deck (305 Pettigrew Street) for $7 per car; and the Corcoran Street Garage (101 East Corcoran Street) and Church Street Garage (109 South Mangum Street) as well as the Durham County Justice Center Deck (502 S. Dillard Street), for $5 per car. Note: The Durham County Justice Center Deck will only be available from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Viewing sites outside of the ballpark include: The grassy area behind Diamond View 3, Burt's Bees - outside of the North Deck, and Tobacco Road Sports Café.
- The wait time for exiting the parking decks may be longer than usual due to the large number of people attending this event.
Rain Date July 6:
- Tailgating and/or alcohol is prohibited in the parking decks
- No watching fireworks from the deck
- No stopping or illegal parking on public streets or highways
In the event of inclement weather, the call to cancel the fireworks will be made on July 4 by 7 p.m. If the fireworks show is cancelled due to inclement weather, patrons who purchased tickets for the July 4 game must save their tickets to receive a voucher for free entry to the July 6 game.
General Contact Information
Media trucks with antennas can park on Jackie Robinson/Blackwell Streets. For questions about the Durham Bulls game contact Matt Sutor, 919-687-6574 or email@example.com.
For day of questions about the fireworks show call (919) 956-BULL.
About Durham Parks and Recreation
Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for the Durham community to Play More by connecting our whole community to wellness, the outdoors, and lifelong learning. To learn more about Durham Parks and Recreation, visit us online, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or call (919) 560-4355.