holiday schedule ALERT:
The Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, Yard Waste Facility, and the Household Hazardous Waste Center will close early on December 24, 2020 at 3 p.m. and remain closed until Monday, December 28, 2020. These facilities will also be closed on January 1, 2021 reopening on Saturday, January 2, 2021. Saturday hours are 7:30 a.m.- noon.The City of Durham's Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, Yard Waste Facility, and the Household Hazardous Waste Center is located at 2115 East Club Blvd in Durham, North Carolina. It is open Monday-Friday from 7:30a.m.- 4:00p.m. and Saturday from 7:30a.m - noon. Customers must be inside the gate at least 15 minutes before closing.
For the safety of the public and employees, the following changes have been implemented:
- Cash is not accepted. Fees for disposal must be paid by check, credit or debit card, or through our current vendor, Verified Disposal Accounts. Commercial customers can apply for an account to make scale time and payment more efficient.
- Customers and staff must maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet.
- All customers must wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose while on the City of Durham property.
- Customers should bring help if assistance is needed for unloading of materials, as staff is not available to help unload.
- Staff will be on site to direct customers to the proper disposal/recycling areas, and control traffic.
- The “Swap Shop” is closed until further notice.
There may be long lines and wait times at the WDRC due to heavy volumes of materials and traffic. Customers should try to avoid peak times which are 7:30a.m. to 9:00a.m. and 11:00a.m. -1:30p.m., each weekday.
There are two new trash compactors at the WDRC, so flow patterns have changed! Please be patient and wait for instructions from staff upon entering the WDRC. WDRC drop-off services include:
- Bagged and bulky trash
- Mixed recyclables
- Scrap metal
- Yard waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
The City of Durham operates two drop-off facilities for residents to safely dispose of recyclables, electronics, appliances, household hazardous waste and trash. These facilities are open to all City of Durham and Durham County residents. Commercial users may use the Waste Disposal and Recycling Center; however, the Hazardous Household Waste facility does not accept materials from commercial users.