Community Resource Unit (CRU)
Community Resource Unit (CRU) officers encourage, educate and train Durham residents, businesses and various demographics to use best practices and strategies to deter crime and minimize opportunities for crime to occur. Year-round, CRU hosts and participates in special events, conferences, workshops, community fairs and safety education academies. This helps promote safety and advance our community-oriented policing mission.
One CRU officer is assigned to each of the department's five police districts to develop, implement and evaluate the unit's various safety measures and programs, and to establish partnerships.
What's your interest?
- Neighborhood/resident(ial) Programs
- Business Programs
- Youth Programs
- Community Police Academy
- Durham Police University (Temporarily on Hold)
- Annual Safety Workshop
- National Crime Prevention Month (October)
- Holiday Safety Outreach (November and December)
- Request a Safety Presentation
- Community Observer Patrol (Temporarily on Hold)
Find your district and CRU officer by clicking below
The Community Resource Unit (CRU) is located at the district 1 substation at the address below.
921 Holloway St. Durham, NC 27701