Becoming an Eligible Training Provider
- 1 or more courses/classes that upon successful completion lead to:
- A certificate, associate, or baccalaureate degree
- A training regimen where individuals are gaining skills or competencies generally recognized by employers
- Competency or skill recognized by employers
- At least 70% entered employment upon completion of program
- At least a 70% program completion rate after year one
- Average hourly employment wage of all program participants which pay a wage equal to or greater than the City’s livable wage rate (pursuant to Section 18-23 of the City Code)
- Maximum training cost (per person) is no more than $4,500
- Maximum training duration is one year
- Must complete an eligibility application and be approved as a training provider by the Durham Career Center
- Must enter training provider information onto the NCWorks Online website (information can be entered prior to approval of an eligibility application by the Durham Career Center)
- Training must help individuals develop an occupational skill leading to a career identified as a demand in the local area
Call 919-560-4965 to request an application. Mail completed, signed copy of the application to Attn: Adult Employment Program Coordinator at:
807 East Main Street
Durham, NC 27701
Applicants may be contacted if clarification is needed regarding any aspect of an application.
Applicants with training programs within occupations identified as in-demand with high growth potential for Durham County through labor market information provided by the Labor & Economic Analysis Division of the N.C. Department of Commerce will be considered a priority over programs with training's for occupations not identified as in-demand with high growth potential for Durham County.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program - Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- What type of information does the Durham Career Center examine when approving potential service providers?
- What if my training is more than $4,500 per person or longer than 1 year?
- Why do training providers get a maximum of 5 referrals?
- What is the process for individuals to utilize the training programs?