Services for Underemployed or Unemployed
The Adult and Dislocated Worker Program provides individualized assistance with career readiness training and employment search and retention for eligible individuals that are underemployed or unemployed.
The following benefits are offered to eligible participants:
- Individual career planning sessions with professional employment counselors.
- Advice on the most current effective practices related to resume development, interviewing and networking. If it’s been awhile since you have written a resume or you want to practice interviewing we can help.
- Assessment of soft skills and career readiness. Not sure what to expect of the workplace or what the workplace expects of you? Our staff can introduce you to the tools which will help in your transition.
- Assistance with searching for employment. Our counselors are knowledgeable of local and regional job markets and can assist you with finding your next career.
Review the following criteria to determine your program eligibility:
- 18 years of age or older
- Durham residency
- High school diploma or GED
- Registered with Military Selective Service (males born after January 1, 1960)
- United States citizen or eligible non-citizen
Assistance for Training Providers
If you are a training provider wanting to learn more about the benefits of applying to become an eligible provider with the NCWorks Career Center system in Durham, visit the Becoming an Eligible Training Provider page.
For more information, please call the NCWorks Career Center on Briggs Avenue at 919-560-6880.