Confirmed Assessments

Assessments can be for water and sewer, street or roadway (curb gutter) improvements, and sidewalks. Assessments are authorized by City Council. Assessments are liens that are attached to the property, not to the owners of the property. A lien is the right to take and hold or sell the property of a debtor as security or payment for a debt. A lien attaches to the property until the assessment is paid.

The information in these reports is furnished by the City of Durham as a public service and is accepted and used by the recipient with the agreement and understanding that the City of Durham makes no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or the suitability of the data set forth within these documents. The City of Durham assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of this information.

These assessment lists are provided for informational purposes only and are valid as of the date indicated on the lists. Updated lists are posted monthly; however, recent changes to the parcel ID, property ownership, and assessment location address may not be reflected.

To confirm information, assessment status, and payment amounts, complete the Confirmed Assessment Form - an email will be sent to the department. This form is for confirmed assessments only. 

How do I inquire about a Pending Assessment?

Pending assessments inquiries are submitted to the City of Durham, Department of Public Works Engineering Services Division via a Pending Assessment Inquiry Form. Pending assessments are associated with various assessable improvements (water, sewer, street, sidewalk) that have been ordered by City Council, but have not yet been assessed. Please complete a Pending Assessment Inquiry Form​ and fax it to Engineering Services at 919-560-4316.

Once the form is received, Public Works Engineering Services will identify any pending assessment information and return the form to you within a minimum of 2 business days. Additional information on pending assessments may be obtained by contacting the Engineering Services Division of Public Works at 919-560-4326.

Helpful Resources