2021 Durham Youth Leadership Fund
We’re excited to announce the 2021 Durham Youth Leadership Fund (DYLF)! The DYLF is a direct response to the needs and dreams we heard about during the Durham Youth Listening Project. The DYLF will: create meaningful leadership and decision making opportunities for young people; create welcoming and supportive places for young people; and respond to current COVID-19 needs.
Focus of Funding
With funding support from the Durham County Non-Profit Funding Program, the DYLF will fund a total of $100,000 for up to 15 community-based projects that support:
- Young people ages 13-24 years
- Black, Latinx, and Indigenous youth; LGBTQ+ youth; immigrant and migrant youth; youth who have experienced economic hardships, houselessness, interactions with law enforcement, or being pushed out of institutions, including education environments; youth who have recently aged out of foster care; and youth with disabilities, including physical, mental, and developmental
And that are working on one or more of these focus areas:
- Creating welcoming and supportive spaces and places for young people and their families
- Creating new opportunities for youth leadership and engagement
- Providing COVID Emergency Relief Funds for young people and their families
Before You Apply
Read the Durham Youth Listening Project Report for a better understanding of the focus areas being funded
Read the 2021 Durham Youth Leadership Fund - Application Guidelines (English and Spanish)
Review the Interest Form (English and Spanish) and prep your responses before going to the online form linked below
Attend an Information Session:
APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
Submit your Interest Form by 11:59 pm on Sunday, May 2, 2021.
Projects begin July 1, 2021, and go through June 30, 2022!