Seen In Quarantine Social Media Challenge Open to all Young People in Durham
Have an idea for a digital hangout event for youth you want to host? Need resources and help to pull it off? The City of Durham Office on Youth wants to help make your ideas a reality!
Everything about our lives has changed and we can no longer spend time in person with people we know and love. We all know how hard this is. So we want to hear from young people in Durham about how YOU want to connect with other young people right now…while keeping your physical distance.
With the #DurhamSeenInQuarantine challenge, you could win an opportunity to host your own virtual event for you and other young people across Durham.
How does it work?
The challenge is open to all young people in Durham ages 12-24 years.
To submit your idea, film yourself in 2 minutes or less, and tell us what you would do. You can even show us a sample of your idea. No professional equipment is required!
Things to include in your video pitch:
- How long your event would be
- How many people it could reach (your event should be open to a wide audience of young people, not only your friends)
- The resources you would need to make it happen, including things like technology, supplies, and people
Deadline is Friday, May 8, 2020 at 11:59pm. The first 10 submissions will receive a $25 gift card!
If you prefer to send your idea in writing, or want to send your video another way, you can email or text to: a’email@example.com or 984-260-6703.
Then what happens?
A selection committee will decide on the winners. We’ll be looking at how many people you would reach and the creativity and feasibility of each idea.
The Office on Youth will support winning ideas with needed supplies, technology platforms, guest appearances, promotion and getting the word out, and logistics.
Events would happen in late May and throughout June 2020.
- Launch date: Friday, April 24, 2020
- Submission deadline: Friday, May 8, 2020 @ 11:59pm
- Winners selected: Week of May 11, 2020
- Planning meetings with winners: Week of May 18, 2020
- Events begin: Week of May 25, 2020
Timeline is subject to change, given the uncertainty of the next several weeks.
Please email or call/text a’firstname.lastname@example.org or 984-260-6703.