The City of Durham and Durham County currently offers a quick and user-friendly system for applicants to retrieve addresses for required neighborhood meetings. Please follow the steps below to obtain the required addresses. Address information will be available for download via a comma-separated values(csv) file.
2. Find the property in your proposal by entering the address, parcel ID or PIN in the search box (for best results) or by zooming in on the map.
3. After locating the desired parcel(s), right click anywhere on the map and select “Parcel Notification Tool”
4. A small window labeled “Generate Address List” will appear on the map with a distance field and three green buttons. Type in the required distance for your report. (Note: Type in only the number; all measurements with this tool are done in feet)
REQUIRED DISTANCES - 600 feet
Future Land Use Map Amendment and Zoning with Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA)
5. In the “Generate Address List” window, click the first green button labeled “Select Parcels”. Use your mouse to select the parcel(s). The selected parcel(s) will turn red. Remember to select all the parcels that are included in your proposed project.
If you accidentally selected an incorrect parcel, click the second green button labeled “Clear Selection” and start again.
6. After you have your desired parcel(s) selected. Click the third green button labeled “Show Results”. This will highlight all of the parcels that are within the required distance you specified in step 4. A new window labeled “Parcel Site Addresses” will appear on the left with the contact information for the newly highlighted parcels.
7. To download the data table to your PC, click either of the green text links below Parcel Site Addresses.
For Contact and Addresses, use “Save Owner Information to CSV”.
For a more detailed report of the selected parcels, click “Save Full Parcel Record to CSV”.
8. Save the CSV file. Programs, such as Excel, can assist with converting this data to printable mailing labels. For more information on how to convert this data, please go to Microsoft Office’s website to learn more.