2019 Lodge St. Regional Stormwater Imp. (SD-2019-10)
Project ManagerGreg Smith, PE
Phone: 919-560-4326, ext. 30255
The City has entered into a professional services contract with Horvath Associates, P.A. and their work is currently in progress. Site surveying will occur March - May 2019 by a subcontracted firm Sepi Engineering.
Due to further degredation of Scout Drive stormwater drainage system, the City utilized an existing contractor, Carolina Civil Works, to perform the construction of that system in May 2019. Scout Drive was reopened to traffic in early June 2019.
Video inspection contractors may be on site in June/July 2019 to flush any sediment and debris from existing system and obtain current information on the condition of the pipe network.
Current Project Schedule
- Advertisement: December 7, 2018
- Submittal Deadline: December 21, 2018
- Notice to Proceed: March 5, 2019
- Site Surveying: March - May 2019
- Preliminary Design: March - June 2019
- Public Information Session: July 2019 (anticipated)
- Permitting and Easement Procurement: July - August 2019
- Advertisement for Construction Bids: September 2019
- Receipt, Review, Award Contractor: November 2019
- Notice to Proceed: December 2019
- Construction Completion: May 2020
The City of Durham sought assistance through professional services for the survey, design, permitting and developing of construction documents for the Lodge Street Regional Stormwater Improvements project. The City's Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) program was utilized for this process. A request for qualifications (RFQ) was advertised on December 7, 2018 and three (3) submittals were received.
The Lodge Street Regional project site (see GoMaps: https://goo.gl/aMhrpx) involves replacing and/or rerouting a compromised, existing stormwater drainage pipe system located both in the City right-of-way and on private property. It is the City’s preference to relocate as much of the system as possible into the City right-of-way. This includes City roadways of Scout Drive and South Street.
Due to the compromised condition of the stormwater drainage system, this project is being expedited with reduced timeframes for advertising, awarding, and project schedule.