Updates and Notices
NOTICE: Trip Charges (last updated 1/29/2019)Effective July 1, 2019, Trip charge(s) shall be collected in advance for requests to unlock meters associated with non-compliant backflow preventers. Payment shall be made at the time of the unlock request at https://ipn2.paymentus.com/rotp/dhcc. Select Payment Type "Trip Charge." Enter the address where the meter is located under Permit/Application Number.
NOTICE: Backflow Preventer Permits for Replacement of Fire Protection Backflow Preventers Require Approved Fire Permit
Effective immediately new and replacement backflow preventers installed on fire protection systems require a Fire Protection System permit and a backflow prevention permit. For additional information, please see the Backflow Preventer Permits for Replacement of Fire Protection Backflow Preventers Require Approved Fire Permit (PDF).
NOTICE: Plan Review Fee Collection
Effective 11/1/2017, CCC implemented a $150.00 fee to perform plan review and re-review(s) associated with received building permit applications to the City/County Inspections Department. Cross Connection Plan Review Application and fees are due once the building permit has been submitted to the City/County Inspections Department for review. In order to request Cross Connection Control to perform a plan review, a “Cross Connection Plan Review Application” and online payment shall be submitted. Please follow the steps below:
- Go online to the Land Development Office (LDO) and login using your contractor ID and PIN.
- If you do not know your contractor ID or PIN please contact our office at (919) 560-4194.
- Select under APPLICATIONS: Cross Connection Plan Review Application
- Complete the form completely using your Building Permit provided to you for the plan review
- Ensure the email address you enter is accurate, automated generated emails will be sent using this email address
- Once application has been submitted, please go to our Cross Connection One Time Payment portal.
- Select payment type “CCC Plan Review”
- Enter the BUILDING PERMIT number and click continue.
- Proceed with entering payment information and submit.
- Once payment has been approved you will receive a confirmation email and receipt.
- Another copy is also sent to the Cross Connection Workgroup and your payment will be applied appropriately.
- Once payment has been applied, your Cross Connection Plan Review Application will go from “On Hold” to “Complete/REVIEW,” notifying CCC staff to perform your plan review.
- Once your Cross Connection Plan Review Applications in the REVIEW status our office has eight (8) business days to review.
NOTICE: Work Started Without Permit Fee
No person may commence or proceed with the installation of backflow preventer assemblies without first obtaining a Backflow Permit. Due to the high volume of work started without permit, in order to offset the cost, the city will implement a double backflow permit fee on each backflow assembly that was installed prior to being issued a backflow permit. Effective January 1, 2017, a $200.00 backflow permit fee will be charged for a backflows installed prior to a permit being issued, required by the Department of Water Management Cross Connection Control (Part 15-116). For additional information, please see the Work Started Without Permit (PDF).
NOTICE: Re-Inspection Fee
Due to the high volume of re-inspections, in order to offset the cost, the city will implement a fee on each additional re-inspection trip required to close out a permit. Effective April 1, 2016, a $100.00 re-inspection fee will be charged for a re-inspection of a Backflow preventer permit, required by the Department of Water Management Cross Connection Control (Part 15-116). For additional information, please see the Re-Inspection Fee Notice (PDF).