2017 Street Repairs & Repaving (ST-282)
Charles Rice, EI
Phone: 919-560-4326, ext. 30266
New Paving Technique for Woodcroft Parkway
The City is using a technique that NC Department of Transportation employs to resurface Woodcroft Parkway, with the advantage of costing less than traditional paving methods. This technique is used to help bridge over a cracked layer of asphalt to extend its useful life. The surface is prepared by milling away a portion of the existing asphalt at the edges of the street. Next a layer of liquid asphalt covered with a layer of small stone is placed. The exposed gravel is inconvenient, but this is an intermediate step in the process. The final step is placement of fresh asphalt over the entire surface for a smooth finish.
Overall Project Description
This project involves the furnishing of all materials, labor, equipment, tools, etc. unless otherwise specified, for the repair and repaving of various streets throughout the City of Durham.
- Advertisement: March 28, 2017
- Pre-Bid Meeting: April 12, 2017
- Bid Opening: April 27, 2017
- Second Advertisement: May 12, 2017
- Second Pre-Bid Meeting: May 30, 2017
- Second Bid Opening: June 13, 2017
- Construction Start: September 2017
- Anticipated Construction Completion: November 2017
Project StatusThis project is now advertised for bids.
Please note the addition of several items in the Project Information.
1. Agenda and attendance of 4-12-17 pre-bid meeting
2. Addendum #1 dated 4-17-17 addresses various issues in a question-and-answer format
3. New Unit Price Bid Sheet includes new items 37 & 38. This sheet will replace and supersede all other versions included in Project Manual. This sheet must be included with bid.
4. Pavement marking plans for Slater Road
Please note the addition of Addendum #2 dated 4-26-17.
Thank you and please remain attentive for other Addenda.
Project is re-advertised as of today. Please note the addition of Addendum #3 dated 5-10-17.
Thank you and please remain attentive for other addenda.
Please note the addition of the attendance roster and agenda from the pre-bid conference held on 5-30-17.
City Council authorized the execution of a contract with Barnhill Contracting Company in the amount of $2,084,496.
The bid tabulation from the received bids was updated.
Final resurfacing of W. Woodcroft is scheduled to begin tomorrow (10/31) and continue through the end of the week (11/3).