City-County Inspections Department
City-County Inspections Responsibilities
- Conducting inspections of building projects in progress
- Issuing Certificates of Compliance
- Providing information on requirements for manufactured homes, family care homes, day care facilities, floodplain management and impact fees
- Reviewing applications for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire and Sign Permits
- Reviewing permits for construction activity
- Reviewing plans
Latest News & Information
- Call 984-227-0782
- Email Scott
- Speak to Scott in person (during normal business hours of 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.)
Changes are Coming
New procedures and services added on July 1, 2018:
- All building plan reviews will require a plan review fee at the time of building plan application submittal. The amount of the plan review fee will be subtracted from the cost of the building permit fee at the time of permit issuance. If the building permit application exceeds six months with no activity, the building permit application will be voided, and the plan review fee will not be refunded.
- Click on the Dplans link for instructions for all plan submittals.
- New Fire Permits are required. Please refer to the Building Fee Schedule for more detail.
- After Hour Inspections are available for a fee. Please refer to the specific trade fee schedule or call the Chief or Supervisor for more detail.
Informal Internal Review
Per G.S. 160A-412 and G.S. 153A-352, each inspection department shall implement a process by December 1, 2017 for an Informal Internal Review of inspection decisions made by the Department’s inspectors. The Internal Review Form for requesting an Informal Internal Review is available in our office or by clicking on the link below. Once the form is filled out, please submit it to the Chief or Field Supervisor of that trade. For more information on the internal review process, please call our main number at 919-560-4144.