Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact a fire inspector?
- How can I get a copy of a Fire Report?
- How can I schedule the Fire Department, firefighters, or a fire truck to participate in my community event?
- How can I schedule a ride-along with a fire station?
- I received a bill from Fire Recovery USA (FRUSA) that I believe is incorrect. What should I do?
- How do I schedule a fire drill for my business?
- How do I request a free smoke alarm?
- How do I schedule a fire inspection?
- Does the Durham Fire Department install car seats?
- Can residents burn within the city limits?
- I have trash and/or yard waste. Can I burn it?
- Can I have a fire pit or an outdoor fireplace on my property?
- How do I find my insurance rating?
- I called for an ambulance. Why did a fire truck arrive?
- I see firefighters at the gym during the workday? Why?
- Why do I see firefighters at the grocery store during the workday?
- Can I volunteer for the Durham Fire Department?
- I keep calling the fire station. Why am I not getting an answer?
- My fire alarm is chirping. What does it mean?
- How do I reset the alarm and/or replace the battery backup?
- There is a fire hydrant that has been running for some time. Why doesn't the fire department cut it off?
- How can I get a fire hydrant painted?
- When are you hiring?
- Where is the nearest fire station to me?
- Where do I send records search requests for property condition assessments such as past history of : hazardous spills, fire code violations, fire inspections, etc.?
- How do I get an ABC permit?