Water Use & Efficiency Assessment
Program Update - May 2021
The safety and well being of our customers and our employees is always our priority. We encourage customers to take advantage of a no-cost phone consultation with our Water Efficiency program Staff where we can address water efficiency and leak detection concerns. To schedule a consultation please complete our request form.
If you find that you need additional assistance, we can conduct in-home Water Use Assessments. Please note the following:
- Water Efficiency staff will wear masks and appropriate personal protection equipment during the visit.
- Customers opting for an in-home Water Use Assessment are required to also wear a mask and remain socially distanced from staff members for the duration of the visit.
- Program staff will terminate the onsite assessment if customers fail to adhere to these guidelines, and the service fee will still be charged to the customer.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
What Happens During the Assessment
The purpose of the Water Use Assessment (also called a Water Audit) is to identify leaks and evaluate a customer's current consumption and water use patterns in single-family homes and small businesses. A water use assessment also serves to educate customers about the wise use of water, and to make their homes and businesses as water efficient as possible.
Key benefits to customers include leak detection and the possibility of reduced water/sewer bills.
During the assessment, a visual inspection is performed on all water using fixtures and appliances. Flow rates for plumbing fixtures are measured and leaks are identified. Our conservation staff can make valuable recommendations on repairs or retrofits and water efficient techniques to save money on your water bill. Here is what you can expect when you have a water use assessment conducted at your home or small business:
- Fixtures and devices are evaluated for water efficiency
- Complimentary low-flow aerators and showerheads, if needed, are provided (at no additional charge)
- Recommendations are made on how to make changes in water usage habits and behaviors to maximize water conservation and efficiency in your home or small business