Yard waste includes:
- Shrub clippings
- Garden residue
- Branches and small limbs (Not more than 6 inches in
diameter and 4 feet in length)
Proper way to prepare Yard Waste for collection
Yard waste must be set out with garbage by 6 a.m. for next-day collection. Yard waste carts are only serviced when the cart has been set out at the same time that the garbage is set out.
- No personal containers or garbage carts will be collected.
- Cart, with sticker, must be used first; then biodegradable
bags can be used.
- Cart sticker should be placed in the appropriate place on the
brown yard waste cart.* see picture
- Cart is rolled to the curb with the bar facing towards the
- Cart lid should be closed.
- If lid cannot close, yard waste can extend only two feet out of container.
-Weight of container must not exceed 175 pounds.
- Bundles must be securely tied to be collected.
- Bundles should be no more than 18 inches in diameter weighing no more than 75 pounds.
- Only brown biodegradable paper bags will be collected.
- Bags should be placed close together.
- A maximum of 10 biodegradable bags per week, weighing
no more than 25 pounds, can be set out on collection day.
Yard waste will be collected if placed in the brown yard waste cart with current sticker, placed in brown biodegradable paper bags, and/or bundled appropriately. Neither dirt nor rocks are considered yard waste. Allow up to three business days for missed carts to be collected.
If you are an exempt customer and have multiple yard waste carts, only one cart will be serviced at the house. All other carts and/or bags must be brought curbside for service.