• All containers should be rinsed and dry
• There should be no food residue
• All lids and caps go in the trash
• Place shredded paper in a brown paper bag before placing in the cart
• Place carts at the curb by 7 a.m. (6 a.m. during summer months)
• Contact Durham One Call at (919) 560-1200.
Waste Disposal & Recycling Center
Operating hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to noon Items include:
• antifreeze, motor oil, cooking oil, electronics, white goods (appliances), tires (maximum of five) and, for free disposal.