Durham City and County are encouraging the use of electric vehicles to reduce local air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. When charged in off-peak hours, electric vehicles result in fewer greenhouse gas emissions than gasoline-powered vehicles.
The City purchased four all-electric fleet vehicles for use by Community Development, Neighborhood Improvement Services, Planning, and Inspections. The City will use these vehicles as a pilot to evaluate the effectiveness of these vehicles for the City's fleet. The County is considering purchasing several electric cars later this year.
The City and County are encouraging residents and visitors to use electric vehicles to reduce local air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions by installing publically accesible charging stations throughout the community.
We encourage operators of all-electric vehicles to only charge vehicles in off-peak hours (usually overnight) to reduce the greenhouse gases produced from electricity generation.
City and County Owned Public Locations:
• Durham County Main Library - 300 N. Roxboro St.
• South Regional Library - 4505 S. Alston Ave.
• North Regional Library - 221 Milton Rd.
• Durham County Human Services Complex - 400 E. Main St.
• Justice Center Parking Deck Levels 1 and 3 - 510 S. Dillard St.
• Goldenbelt - 800 E. Main St. (backside of building)