Return to OEWD Home
Your NCWorks Career Center Working for You
The NCWorks Career Center system is a partnership of local workforce development professionals providing an array of services geared to assisting:
• Area businesses with recruiting, retention and training;
• Area residents with career awareness, work readiness and employment search
Oversight regarding activities under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and programs within the NCWorks Career Center system in Durham is provided by the Durham Workforce Development Board
New to the workforce and not quite sure where to start or what to expect? Returning after time away from a regular work schedule, or looking for that next career move?
Whether it's your first job, a different job, brushing up on your resume and interviewing skills or training to enhance a career, the NCWorks Career Center is here for you. Please review our professional offerings and contact us with any questions you may have as to how we can assist you.
• Employment search - Visit NCWorks Online
to view positions. An orientation video
to the site is also available. Our job listings are available for viewing at no cost and contain local, state and nationwide listings. Once you have identified a position that matches your experience and qualifications, we’ll gladly speak with you about the opportunity.
• Professional Networking - The Professional Placement Network (PPN) provides targeted career services to adult professionals through the expansion of networking opportunities, workshops, development of business partnerships, and job referrals. PPN is designed to provide opportunities for mid-to-upper level professionals, who have earned at least $30,000 per year or have received higher education credentials or professional certifications, to come together to share ideas, employment leads, and current job market information. Learn more
• Work readiness – Need help with creating or revising a resume or prepping for an interview? Need some insight into what the workplace is like? Our staff is here to help you in an individual or group setting.
• Career Development and Counseling Services – Discover which careers best match your interests and abilities.
• Educational Information and Financial Assistance – If you are considering furthering your education or pursuing training we can discuss any options that may be available to you.
• Support Services – Need assistance with making personal arrangements to get to work or retain your current job? We can discuss your needs and the community resources that may be available to assist you.
• Specialized Services – We serve the workforce needs of the general public and thus have staff to assist with individualized needs for persons with disabilities, veterans, older workers and persons that are economically disadvantaged.
In addition, resources may be made available to the following individuals. Visit each site to learn more.
Highlights of the solutions available to your business through the NCWorks Career Center:
• Recruiting assistance including start up and growth
• No cost position listing
• Assistance with training costs
• Labor market data
• Financial benefits including tax credits and federal bonding
• Community networks
• Employee assistance in the case of layoff or closure
To discuss how the NCWorks Career Center can create solutions for your business, call (919) 560-4965 or email Darrell Solomon
Adults age 18 or older are eligible to receive services through the NCWorks Career Center. Assistance for Training Providers
If you are a training provider wanting to learn more about the benefits of applying to become an eligible provider with the Durham Career Center, click here
How to Contact Us
Our professional staff is available to assist you at the following locations conveniently located throughout Durham County:
NCWorks Career Center – Durham at Briggs
1105 South Briggs Ave.
Durham, NC 27703
Phone: (919) 560-6880
Fax: (919) 560-3387
Hours of Operation: M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NCWorks Career Center – Durham at Northgate
1058 W. Club Blvd., Suite 848
Durham, N.C. 27701
Fax (919) 286—4083
Hours of Operation: M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Wednesday til 7 p.m.)
In addition, NCWorks Career Center satellite sites are available in Durham at the following locations for self-service job search and résumé preparation:
• W.D. Hill Recreation Center, 1308 Fayetteville St.
• Durham County Main Library, 300 N. Roxboro St
• Oxford Manor, 3633 Keystone Place
• Durham Technical Community College, 1637 Lawson St.
• North Carolina Central University, University Career Services, 1801 Fayetteville St.
• CAARE, Inc., 214 Broadway St.
• Center for Employment Training, 807 E. Main St.
The following entities comprise the NCWorks Career Center partnership to provide quality workforce services to Durham businesses and residents:
• City of Durham Office of Economic & Workforce Development
• Durham County Department of Social Services
• Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
• Durham Housing Authority
• Durham Public Schools
• Durham Technical Community College
• North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security
• Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
• Job Corps
• Services for the Blind
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.