DURHAM, NC - Celebrate patriotism and civic pride with a baseball game, music, fireworks and more at Durham’s Independence Day festivities on Thursday, July 4.
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. FREE Center Stage at American Tobacco Concert sponsored by American Tobacco at Diamond View Park featuring The Beast + Big Band/Apple Juice Kid (DJ)
6:05 p.m. Durham Bulls vs. Norfolk Tides
7th Inning Gates open for general admission
After the Game Remarks from local administrators and officials and the fireworks show!
• The gates to the Durham Bulls Athletic Park open for free admission at the end of the 7th inning.
• Public parking is available at the Durham County Justice Center Deck, 502 S. Dillard St., South Deck, 705 Willard St. , East Deck, 250 South Mangum St. for $5 per car; the North Parking Deck, 305 Pettigrew St. for $4 per car; and both the Corcoran Deck, 101 East Corcoran St. and Church Street Deck, 109 South Mangum St. for $2 per car.
• Participants must follow the guidelines listed below:
o Tailgating and/or alcohol is prohibited in the parking decks
o No watching fireworks from the deck
o No stopping or illegal parking on public streets or highways
• Rain Date: Friday, July 5. If it rains, the call to cancel the fireworks will be made on July 4 by 7 p.m. Participants can call the DPR weather cancellation line at (919) 560-4636 for updates after 7 p.m. If the fireworks show is cancelled due to inclement weather, patrons who purchased tickets for the July 4 game should save their tickets as a voucher for free entry into the July 5 game.
General Contact Information
• For tickets to the game visit www.durhambulls.com
• Information about Durham’s Independence Day Celebration visit www.DPRPlayMore.org or call (919) 560-4355.
• For information about the Center Stage at American Tobacco Concert visit, www.americantobaccohistoricdistrict.com.
Media trucks with antennas can park on Jackie Robinson/Blackwell streets. For information about the Durham Bulls game, contact Scott Carter, (919) 687-6528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the fireworks show, call Cynthia Booth at (919) 389-4941.
About Durham Parks and Recreation
Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for the Durham community to “Play More.” Guided by the City’s Strategic Plan, we strive to help residents discover, explore and enjoy life through creative and challenging recreational choices that contribute to their physical, emotional and social health. To learn more about Durham Parks and Recreation, visit www.DPRPlayMore.org, call (919) 560-4355 or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DurhamParksandRecreation.