Employment Opportunities Available for Durham Jobseekers 18 Years Old and Up; Attendance at the Conference Is Required to Attend the Job Fair
What: Re-entry Conference and Re-entry Job Fair for Ex-Offenders
Who: City of Durham Office of Economic and Workforce Development and the Durham JobLink Career Center
When: Conference - Monday, June 10, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Job Fair – Thursday, June 13, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Durham Armory
220 Foster St.
Durham, N.C. 27701
• Jobseekers must register to attend the Re-entry Conference by noon on Friday, June 7, 2013 at http://www.DurhamWorkForce.org or in person at the Durham JobLink Career Center at Northgate Mall (near Entrance #4).
• Jobseekers must attend the Re-entry Conference in its entirety in order to attend the Re-entry Job Fair.
• The Re-entry Conference will include pre-employment assistance, motivational opportunities, and inspirational examples of success. Jobseekers will then have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with hiring employers at the Re-entry Job Fair in a quiet and positive environment.
• Jobseekers must be at least 18 years old and residents of Durham County.
• For information, contact Christopher Lunsford at (919) 354-2748, by email at Christopher.Lunsford@DurhamNC.gov, or go in person to the Durham JobLink Career Center at Northgate Mall, located at 1058 W. Club Blvd., Suite 848 (near Entrance # 4).
About the Office of Economic & Workforce Development
Guided by the City’s Strategic Plan, the Office of Economic & Workforce Development helps ensure that Durham has a strong and diverse economy by increasing the city’s tax base through several revitalization initiatives, including new development efforts in the central city area. The department also plans and promotes cultural awareness and events, identifies and recruits target industries as well as assesses and trains Durham residents to fill new jobs. For more information, visit http://www.DurhamEconomicDevelopment.org, “like” on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/DurhamOEWD, or “follow” on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/DurhamOEWD.