Development Review Timelines & Procedures
Effective July 5, 2016
*Please be aware that the Planning Department’s Development Review Section is operating on a normal review schedule.
Site Plan/Plat Intake For New Submittals
Occurs on Tuesday(s) by appointment for all plan types except Re-reviews, Level 1 site plans, and Exempt Plats. As of May 2, 2016 in order to be scheduled for an appointment an “Intake Appointment Request Form” will need to be completed and the form and a $500 intake fee must be submitted a minimum of 5 business days in advance of the requested appointment. (See Site Plan/Plat Intake Quick Facts and the “Intake Appointment Request Form” for more information)
- Staff will review submittals for completeness no later than the Thursday after the submittal appointment.
- If the submittal is found to be incomplete it will be rejected and the submitted materials will be returned to the applicant along with a list of missing items. Submittals found to be incomplete will need to schedule a new intake appointment per the scheduling process, but no new intake fee is required.
- Accepted submittals will be distributed, as needed, for review.
Re-Reviews Submitted by Appointment:(Effective May 2, 2016)
- Re-review submittal appointments should be scheduled with the Planning Department staff member that reviewed the case. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Appointments must be scheduled no more than 5 business days in advance of the submittal and no less than 2 business days in advance of the submittal. Cancellations must be received no later than 1 business day in advance of the scheduled appointment. Appointments cancelled less than 1 business day in advance will forfeit the opportunity for that case to be resubmitted by appointment.
- Must be submitted by Tuesday no later than 4 p.m. in order to be batched for distribution to other reviewing departments and agencies by the Friday of that week.
Re-Reviews Without An Appointment, Level 1 Site Plans, and Exempt Plats:
- Must be submitted to the Planning Department Customer Service Center no later than 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
- Will be evaluated for completeness and, if complete, batched for distribution to other reviewing departments and agencies by the Friday of that week.
- Re-reviews, Level 1 Site Plans, and Exempt Plats received after the Tuesday deadline will be reviewed for completeness and processed the following week.
- Re-reviews (other than those associated with a Level 1 Site Plan or Exempt Plat) submitted without an appointment will be reviewed in the order they are received, and based on the submittals with assigned review completion deadlines.
|Exempt Plats (All Reviews)||No Delay||10 business days|
|Level 1 Site Plans (All Reviews)||No Delay||10 business days|
|Final Plats||No Delay||15 business days|
|Preliminary Plats (All types)||No Delay||15 business days|
|Level 2 Site Plans||No Delay||15 business days|
|Level 3 Site Plans||No Delay||15 business days|
|Level 4 Site Plans||No Delay||20 business days|
|Major Site Plans||No Delay||20 business days|
|Re-reviews with Appointment||No Delay||15 Business days|
|Re-Reviews without Appointment||No Delay||Reviewed in the order received**|
**See Re-reviews without an appointment