Aquatics Facilities Master Plan
Check out the full report or read some of the highlights below.
Goals of the Master Plan
- Guide the future development of Aquatic Facilities for the City of Durham
- Provide facilities for the entire community
- Determine the needs of four user groups including Recreation, Instruction, Competition, and Therapy/Wellness
Public Outreach played a significant part of the Assessment and consisted of:
- Survey, over 500 responses received
- Stakeholder Meetings: 6 stakeholder groups
- Open House Public Events
- Pop-Up Events
- Large Outdoor including 50M Lanes, Waterslides, Beach Entry, Lazy River & Play Structure
- Large Indoor with Sprayground including 50M Lanes, Waterslides, Lazy River, Beach Entry, Diving Platforms & Sprayground
- Sprayground including Water Features and Shade Structures attached to some facilities
- Medium Indoor
- Small Outdoor
- Medium Indoor with Small Outdoor
- Medium Indoor with Sprayground
Exploring Potential Partnership Opportunities
- Continue conversations with potential partners
- Funding options
- Utilize site selection criteria from Master Plan to explore potential new sites
- Perform feasibility studies
- Land acquisition
Durham Aquatics Facilities Master Plan Report
The Master Plan process detailed in this report included data collection, development of a needs assessment, conceptual plans of potential facilities, and a recommended implementation strategy. The report is to be adopted as an addendum to the City of Durham Parks and Recreation Master Plan (2013).
Durham Aquatics Facilities Master Plan Fact Sheet
Highlights from the complete Aquatics Facilities Master Plan Report.
Voting Board Results
Results from public workshops held during August 2016.
Aquatic Trends and Considerations Presentation
Presented during public workshops and stakeholder meetings.
For information, contact Jackie Turner.