City-County Inspections Department
City-County Inspections Responsibilities
- Conducting inspections of building projects in progress
- Issuing Certificates of Compliance
- Providing information on requirements for manufactured homes, family care homes, day care facilities, floodplain management and impact fees
- Reviewing applications for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire and Sign Permits
- Reviewing permits for construction activity
- Reviewing plans
Latest News & Information
New procedures and services added on July 1, 2018:
- All building plan reviews will require a plan review fee at the time of building plan application submittal. The amount of the plan review fee will be subtracted from the cost of the building permit fee at the time of permit issuance. If the building permit application exceeds six months with no activity, the building permit application will be voided, and the plan review fee will not be refunded.
- Click on the Dplans link for instructions for all plan submittals.
- New Fire Permits are required. Please refer to the Building Fee Schedule for more detail.
- After Hour Inspections are available for a fee. Please refer to the specific trade fee schedule or call the Chief or Supervisor for more detail.
- Enhanced Plan Review – This is a face to face meeting in our office whereby the owner’s design/construction team and the Inspections Department staff meet over the construction drawings and work collectively to make the drawings code compliant. This is an optional plan review service that helps construction projects needing to meet financing deadlines and other timetables. All plans must go through one round of the standard plan review process, before they are eligible for the Enhanced Plan Review.
Please Note: The Enhanced Plan Review is a new initiative and goes into effect on July 1, 2018. Currently, this cannot available until the appropriate staff have been hired and are in place. Continue to check here for updates.
Land Development Office (LDO)
The LDO system allows contractors to schedule inspections, review results of inspections, check on status of permits, check on the plans review status of building permits and Certificates of Compliance and apply for mechanical, plumbing, and electrical permits online:
Informal Internal Review
Per G.S. 160A-412 and G.S. 153A-352, each inspection department shall implement a process by December 1, 2017 for an Informal Internal Review of inspection decisions made by the Department’s inspectors. The Internal Review Form for requesting an Informal Internal Review is available in our office or by clicking on the link below. Once the form is filled out, please submit it to the Chief or Field Supervisor of that trade. For more information on the internal review process, please call our main number at 919-560-4144.