The City-County Inspections Department administers and enforces the North Carolina State Building Code and the zoning ordinances for both the City and County of Durham. The department ensures the health, safety and welfare of the public and strives to support the City’s Strategic Plan goals of a safe and secure community and thriving, livable neighborhoods.
City-County Inspections responsibilities include:
• Reviewing applications for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire and Sign Permits
• Reviewing plans
• Reviewing permits for construction activity
• Conducting inspections of building projects in progress
• Issuing Certificates of Compliance
• Providing information on requirements for manufactured homes, family care homes, day care facilities, floodplain management and impact fees.
The administrative office is on the ground floor of City Hall, 101 City Hall Plaza. For information or directions, call City-County Inspections at (919) 560-4144 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Latest News and Information
The LDO system allows contractors to schedule inspections, review results of inspections, check on status of permits, check on the plans review status of building permits and Certificates of Compliance and apply for mechanical, plumbing, and electrical permits on-line.